Operate electric or pneumatic tools to grind and blend welds on stainless steel components for the pharmaceutical industry to customer-required specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Load components into vises or onto worktables.
- Setup components on multiple types of turning stations.
- Setup and operate Stationary Belt Sanders.
- Operating die grinders with multiple types of abrasives and successive grits to achieve desired finish/specifications or to prepare surfaces for further operations.
- Measure finish requirements to ensure polishing standards are achieved.
- Utilize crane and carts to move components.
- Use hand tools for assembly and disassembly.
- Accurately complete work in a safe and timely manner.
- Record processing on specific forms.
- Maintains quality assurance operations by following quality policies and procedures; reporting changes needed.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and possess efficient work habits.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Keen eye for defects or imperfections in material you are working on.
- Ability to work from written and verbal English language instruction.
- Ability to write clearly in English language for others to read and understand.
- Ability to follow documented written work instructions and video procedures
Experience considered beneficial but not required:
- Basic blueprint knowledge
- Skills in operating grinders, and belt or disc sanders. (Experience would be extremely beneficial during the training process.)
- Skills related to auto body repair
- Fine detail woodworking
- Looking for team members that are motivated and take pride in their work.
- Looking for team members that are independent, proactive, extremely detail oriented, dependable, organized and able to handle multiple tasks.
A Polishing Tech works on the production floor and must be able to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and climb. You must also be able to reach above and below your shoulder and have fine finger manipulation. You must be able to work in an environment that is considered dusty and dirty. (Metal dust)
Hourly position with positions available on both 1st and 2nd shift. 1st shift is M-F 6:30am – 3:00pm. 2nd shift is M-Th 3:30pm – 2:00am (training will be on your hired shift). Position requires the ability to work over-time, which may include arriving early or working on normally scheduled days off.
Starting Rate: $15.00 per hour.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Jury duty, and Bereavement Leave.
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment testing, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time employment.
Allegheny Bradford Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster, Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster, E-Verify Participation-English Poster, E-Verify Participation-Spanish Poster,
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
Phone : 814-362-2590
Fax : 814-362-7081
Email : email@example.com