A drafter is responsible for the drafting/design activities as well as engineering support of general business needs of the corporation as determined by the department manager. Individuals take direction from the Engineering Supervisor regarding work-load priorities, personal development, and departmental projects.
Engineering functions this position will manage include:
- Accurately build order packages for estimating/ job entry
- Attention to Detail, develop accurate drawings and Bill of Material for change notices, drawing revisions, and other changes.
- Action Oriented. Deliver timely updates and revisions. Follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes for the organization.
- Prepare Weld Logs.
- Ability to complete partial changes and revise drawings for release and update drawings with part number changes.
- Must understand and/or be willing to learn design and testing requirements for conformance to various pressure codes.
- Must understand and/or be willing to learn ABC’s weld procedures and apply proper procedures to drawing details.
- Must have a general understanding on manufacturing, testing and inspection processes.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that their drawings convey the correct information and are error free.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be computer literate, AutoCAD, Inventor and Microsoft Office.
- Able to work with minimum supervision and capable of self-checking work produced for completeness and accuracy.
- Effective and active communication both verbal and written. Must be able to adapt to different audiences to deliver accurate information to achieve the goal.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency to meet the customer and ABCs time frames.
- English Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents such as design descriptions, specifications, blue prints, technical procedures, pressure calculations and other engineering data. Ability to effectively communicate and present technical information to other internal departments, subcontractors, vendors, customers and Authorized Inspectors. Project a professional image to visitors and customers.
- Drafter will be required to work from our location in Lewis Run, PA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation, Personal Time Off (PTO), Holidays, Jury duty, and Bereavement Leave.
- Paid Short-Term Disability
- Education Assistance
Applicants meeting the criteria above must successfully pass a pre-employment physical and drug screening, possible pre-employment testing, interview, and background investigation in order to qualify for full-time employment.
Allegheny Bradford Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster, Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster, E-Verify Participation-English Poster, E-Verify Participation-Spanish Poster,
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
11 Lincoln Drive
Lewis Run, PA 16738
Phone : 814-362-2590
Fax : 814-362-7081
Email : email@example.com